Sunday, March 15, 2009

Thoughts on Weight Loss and Creativity

Any time I am creative in my life, I seem to think less about food, and more about things that are really important. If I am busy with things like work, I am not satisfied. Creating seems to be the lifeblood of me and because of that, I need to get back to being myself.

Somewhere along the line, I lost my creative side in getting my new job started, going to school, taking care of the kids, etc. I need to create to feel whole. I am going to start painting again to see if that helps me. I have some sketches done, now I just need to put them in paint.

Decorating also makes me feel really whole. I need to redo a few rooms that have 8 year old paint and decor. Even moving things around makes me feel like I have been antiquing and found some really great bargains--free!

I have also been writing a few projects; a book and reading on screenplay writing. I begun a screenplay a few years ago before I started my master's and let it sit for two years. It is time to get back to it with my new knowledge about writing.

I think everyone should take up something new or do something old you love this time around and see if that helps you in your weight loss journey.

Sisters are doing it for themselves!

1 comment:

  1. You are definitely on to something. I recently began to read for pleasure more, and I am amazed by how much it has helped me to avoid binging!

    ReplyDelete